Core Keeper – Christmas Seasonal Event – 0.5.1.0
The Winter Holiday is here! Certain objects and biomes have now become covered in snow, including The Core and boss statues. This snow is temporary and will melt away after the seasonal event.
- Seasonal Merchant. Put a Calendar in a comfortable room and he will come and visit you. The Calendar can be crafted in the Carpenter’s Table.
- Little Helperlings. Feed them cooked food and they will craft you presents! Acquired from the Seasonal Merchant by trading Cookies & Milk.
- Christmas variants for enemies:
- Slime Blobs have become Snowhead Slimes.
- Red Slime Blobs have become Carrot Slimes.
- Shroomans have become Santa Shroomans.
- Caveling Miners have become Gingerbreadlings.
- Caveling Shamans have become Starwand Shamans.
- Caveling Brutes have become Bakery Brutes.
- Christmas Workbench, craft decorations and furniture to bring Christmas into your home. Acquired from the Seasonal Merchant by trading Cookies & Milk.
- 17 new decorations and furniture.
- New consumables:
- Hot Chocolate.
- Hot Punch.
- Winter Cookies.
- Fruit Bread.
- Winter Dinner.
- New equipment and weapons:
- Snowman Hat.
- Festive Hat.
- Gingerbreadman Head.
- Gingerbread Hood.
- Gingerbread Top.
- Gingerbread Pants.
- New figurines (the following figurines have a chance to drop in addition to the normal figurines from the enemies, meaning that the normal versions are not replaced during the Christmas event. The new figurines can also drop from Luxury Winter Presents):
- Snowhead Slime Figurine.
- Carrot Slime Figurine.
- Santa Shrooman Figurine.
- Gingerbreadling Figurine.
- Starwand Shaman Figurine.
- Bakery Brute Figurine.
- 5 new valuables.
- Fireworks to celebrate New Years Eve (or any other occasion) Comes in several colors and there’s a big one too! Can be crafted at the Christmas Workbench or acquired from Luxury Winter Presents.
- Merchants can now teleport into a room even when any player is nearby or in that room. Note that a Merchant won’t teleport while someone is currently very close to or interacting with the Merchant at its current location.
- The light on electricity wires now visually reaches one tile less while still powering electricity buildings at the same distance. This makes it clearer since everything connected to a lit wire will be powered.
Art and Animation
- Increased the visibility of particles from healing, poisoned or other similar effects.
- Added particle effects when walking on Slippery Ground Slime
- Players now snore when sleeping.
- Added honking sound effects for each type of Go-Kart.
- New unique damage & destroy sound effects for grass, clay, stone, hive and turf walls.
- The slime footstep sound effect now plays when walking on all types of Ground Slime.
- Increased the drop chance of Oracle Card "Brilliance" from Ancient Crates and it can now also drop from the Large Ancient Crates.
- Increased the duration of immunity buffs from cooked Blister Head, Yellow Blister Head and Rot Fish to be five minutes.
- Increased the duration of the movement speed increase from cooked Spirit Veil to be two minutes.
- Reduced amount of Fireflies that spawn in the Desert of Beginnings biome.
- Pressure Plates are now placed on the same height as Circuits, meaning that they will appear beneath flooring and rugs.
- Fixed typos in some item & condition descriptions.
- Polished colours that some golden crops give when cooked as food.
- Healing from sleeping in bed heals a percentage of player hp every second instead of a set amount.
- Removed map colours for hoed & watered Dirt Ground.
- Added a buff icon for immune to burning.
- Remove encryption from character save files.
- Can start the game with a specific seasonal event enabled by running the game with the -season argument.
- Fixed a bug where Ore Boulders could spawn inside Obsidian Walls in the Desert Biome.
- Fixed a bug where the players own map marker would just be white instead of their corresponding colour.
- Bomb Scarabs and Lava Butterflies no longer fly through walls placed on bridges.
- Players can no longer sometimes traverse through bridges with fences while riding a boat.
- Fixed a bug where items in max stack sizes could not be picked up in the inventory UI while holding the same item in the mouse.
- Fixed a bug where players could get cooking skill and additional food from the Cooking Pot without actually taking out the food from the Cooking Pot while holding the same food in the mouse. This would only occur if the total amount of the held food or the food in the Cooking Pot would be at max stack size.
- Fixed a bug where the output of buildings like Cooking Pots and Furnaces could be hot swapped with ingredients or ores causing unintended behaviour.
- Fixed a bug where roots could grow on Sand Ground but not on Grass Ground.
- Fixed floating wall/floor cracks in suboptimal network conditions.
- Fixed incorrect button prompt for reflections setting in Video Settings.
- Fixed large scenes like the racing track spawning incorrectly in some cases.
- Fixed Electricity Sticks being able to power buildings. It should only affect Logic Circuits.
- Fixed some cases of path finding acting up when seeing the player through gaps in smaller colliders like roots and fences.
- Fixed a bug where hitting larger objects such as tables would sometimes instead damage the floor, Rugs, or other similar objects beneath it instead.
- Fixed a bug where Root Plants would stop growing after being completely blocked and unblocked again.
- Fixed electricity wires lighting up when placed on top of Ancient Electricity tiles.