Skills tab of a late game character, accessed with inventory open. Stared skills are maxed out to level 100. White bars show progress towards next skill level.

Experience points are passively awarded to characters for various activities. These accrue until a new skill level is reached. Each successive level requires more experience points. The rate at which this scales up varies widely between the different skills. Every 5th level unlocks a skill point (5 extra when maxed out) that can be allocated to any reachable talent in that particular skill tree. Allocated points can be reset and reallocated at any point by consuming 200Ancient Coin from inventory.


Main article: Mining

Mining experience is gained by dealing mining damage to a wall with a pickaxe or melee hit (punch). Unbreakable walls, or those the player is not able to damage, will not award experience points. Walls that are broken too slowly will not award any experience.

Each mining skill level increases your mining damage by 1, for up to +100 at level 100. Every fifth level awards a skill point that can be allocated in the mining talent tree. Populating it from the top:

Efficient excavation.png
Efficient excavation
+2-10% mining damage
Meticulous miner.png
Meticulous miner
+5-25% chance to gain an additional ore from walls containing ores
Night vision.png
Night vision
+2-10 tiles visible ore distance
Miner's strength.png
Miner's strength
+2-10% of mining damage added as melee damage
Mine, mine, mine!.png
Mine, mine, mine!
+3-15% mining speed
Explosives engineer.png
Explosives engineer
+4-20% explosives damage
Pick and run!.png
Pick and run!
+4-20% movement speed boost for a short duration after mining a wall
+0.2-1% chance to drop a valuable item from any mined wall


All movement on foot increases your running skill. Movement by minecart, boat or conveyor will not contribute to the skill.

Each running skill increases your movement speed by 0.1%, for up to 10% at level 100.

Endurance runner.png
Endurance runner
+5-25% less food drained when running
Balanced stance.png
Balanced stance
+5-25% dodge chance after standing still for a short duration
Gotta go fast!.png
Gotta go fast!
+2-10% movement speed after running consistently for a short duration
On your toes.png
On your toes
+4-20% movement speed boost for a short duration after dodging an attack
Escape artist.png
Escape artist
Snare and stun durations reduced by +10-50%
Keeping tempo.png
Keeping tempo
+3-15% damage after consistently running for a short duration
Encumbering presence.png
Encumbering presence
Any nearby enemies movement speed is slowed down by -5-25%
Breaking barriers.png
Breaking barriers
+6-30% armor of current movement speed increase

Melee combat[edit]

Melee combat experience is awarded per enemy hit, regardless of damage or kills. So punching multiple enemies repeatedly may be most efficient for levelling.

Each melee combat level increases your melee damage by 0.5%, for up to 50% at level 100.

Quick strikes.png
Quick strikes
+2-10% melee attack speed
Building anger.png
Building anger
Gain 2% melee damage every time an enemy is hit, stacks up to 2-10 times
Fast and furious.png
Fast and furious
+2-10% chance on melee hit to increase melee attack speed by 50% for a short duration
Heavy swings.png
Heavy swings
+3-15% chance to knockback
Stubborn fighter.png
Stubborn fighter
Gain +3-15% melee damage when hitting the same target successively
Taking a step back.png
Taking a step back
+4-20% chance on melee hit to increase range damage by 15%
Seething blade.png
Seething blade
10% chance on melee hit to restore +1-5% health
Strength of the Ancients.png
Strength of the Ancients
+4-20% damage against bosses


Vitality experience is awarded per enemy killed.

Each vitality skill level increases a character's max health by 1 hit point, for up to 100 at level 100.

Maxed out!.png
Maxed out!
+6-30% of all skill points added to max health
Strong and healthy.png
Strong and healthy
+2-10% damage while at max health
Desperate fighter.png
Desperate fighter
+4-20% damage while at low health
Stayin' alive.png
Stayin' alive
Gain +0.2-1 health every sec while below half max health
Healing potency.png
Healing potency
+6-30% more healing from health over time regeneration
Lingering potions.png
Lingering potions
Healing potions also heal for +6-30% of health gained from the potion over time
Protection of the Ancients.png
Protection of the Ancients
+3-15% reduced damage taken from bosses
Cheat death.png
Cheat death
+2-10% chance to restore a bit of health instead of dying when taking lethal damage


Main article: Crafting

Experience is awarded per craft, not per item crafted (when there are multiple).

Each crafting skill level increases your armor by 0.5%, for up to 50% at level 100.

Base builder.png
Base builder
+6-30% chance to gain an extra item when crafting any wall, floor, bridge, or fence
The right tools in the right hands.png
The right tools in the right hands
+4-20% chance to not lose durability when using tools and weapons
High quality equipment.png
High quality equipment
+4-20% chance to not lose durability on equipment when taking damage
+4-20% chance to gain an extra item when crafting any item at the alchemy table or distillery
Industry specialist.png
Industry specialist
+1-5 extra items gained when crafting rails, wires, or conveyor belts
Crafting items at the anvil and repairing items costs 5-25% less materials
Jewelry crafter.png
Jewelry crafter
+10-50% chance to gain a polished version of any item crafted at the jewelry workbench
+6-30% armor while at low health

Range combat[edit]

Range combat experience is awarded per enemy hit. So higher fire rates or piecing projectiles may be more efficient for levelling.

Each range combat skill increases your range damage by 0.5%, for up to 50% at level 100.

Rapid shots.png
Rapid shots
+2-10% range attack speed
Keeping momentum.png
Keeping momentum
Gain 2% range damage every time an enemy is shot, stacks up to 2-10 times
Weakness detection.png
Weakness detection
+2-10% chance on ranged hit to increase critical hit chance by 100% for a short duration
Slimy bullets.png
Slimy bullets
20% chance to slow down target by -8-40% on ranged hit
Charging in.png
Charging in
+4-20% chance on ranged hit to increase melee damage by 15%
Stun shot.png
Stun shot
+4-20% chance to stun targets on ranged hit
Focused accuracy.png
Focused accuracy
+5-25% range damage after standing still for a short duration
Amplified precision.png
Amplified precision
+8-40% critical hit damage


Main article: Gardening

An experience point is awarded for each fully grown plant manually harvested (not for wood).

Characters initially fail to retrieve seed from about 25% of the plants they harvest. Requiring more to be looted to maintain the same stock, until the Grateful gardener talent has 5 points in it.

Each gardening level increases a players extra harvest chance by 0.4%, for up to 40% at level 100. So able to gaining an average of 14 vegetables for each 10 plants harvested.

Grateful gardener.png
Grateful gardener
+5-25% chance to gain a seed when harvesting plants
Eat your vegetables!.png
Eat your vegetables!
+5-25% food when eating plants or cooked food made out of plants
Bottomless water can.png
Bottomless water can
+10-50% chance to not consume water when using water can
Thorny weapons.png
Thorny weapons
+5-25% critical hit damage
Thorny skin.png
Thorny skin
+10-50 thorns damage
Poison coated weapons.png
Poison coated weapons
+5-25% chance to apply poison on hit, reduces enemy healing received by 75%
Expert gardener.png
Expert gardener
+3-15% chance that plants planted by you become golden
Potent poison.png
Potent poison
+5-25% damage against poisoned targets


Main article Fishing

Each catch, fish or non-fish, awards one experience. Catching non-fish items avoids the reeling-in mini-game, so is faster and preferable for efficient levelling.

Each fishing skill level increases your fishing power by 1, for up to 100 at level 100.

Angler's advantage.png
Angler's advantage
Fish starts +3-15% closer to be reeled in
Fisherman's luck.png
Fisherman's luck
+4-20% chance to get a fish on the hook
Improved bait.png
Improved bait
Fish bites +5-25% faster
Studied patterns.png
Studied patterns
+2-10% dodge chance
Steady feet.png
Steady feet
+10-50% reduced impact of slippery movement
Throwing expert.png
Throwing expert
+10-50% fishing rod throw range
Well-trained aim.png
Well-trained aim
+6-30% of fishing added as range damage
Power of Omega-3!.png
Power of Omega-3!
+3-15% damage against bosses after eating fish or cooked food made out of fish


Main Article: Cooking

Cooking experience is gained when taking cooked food dishes out of a Cooking Pot.

Each cooking Skill level increases your extra cooked food chance by 0.2%, for up to 20% at level 100.

Utilizing every nutrient.png
Utilizing every nutrient
+5-25% food from cooked food
Not so picky.png
Not so picky
Well fed buffs are gained at +2-10% lower food
Healthy diet.png
Healthy diet
Well fed buffs are +20-100% stronger
Fast food.png
Fast food
+1-5% melee attack speed when eating cooked food
Long-lasting food.png
Long-lasting food
+6-30% longer cooked food buff durations
The smell of food.png
The smell of food
+4-20% damage dealt by you and all nearby allies
Master chef.png
Master chef
+5-25% chance for additional food gained from cooking to be rare
Sharing is caring.png
Sharing is caring
+0.1-0.5 health every sec to you and all nearby allies