Merchant NPCs are non-player characters that will sell items to the player in exchange for other items. They are factionally neutral and passive, but can take damage from players, die and respawn.
They have special room requirements to move in. But can also be found out in the world, before accessing their summoning item.
Merchant NPC List
|Slime Merchant||Defeat Glurch the Abominous Mass boss to free this Merchant and obtain a Slime Oil. Place this in a proper room with all conditions met for them to move in.|
|Caveling Merchant||Defeat Ghorm the Devourer boss to obtain a Mysterious Idol. Place this in a proper room with all conditions met for them to move in. Or, even before Ghorm has been defeated, this merchant can be found on a small stone platform, in the The Forgotten Ruins.|
|Spirit Merchant||Defeat The Hive Mother boss to obtain the Heart of the Hive Mother. Place the heart in the Hive Mother statue near the Core, to power it up and allow you to craft an Ancient Hologram Pod. Place a pod on the ground to summon an instance of this NPC.|
|Fishing Merchant||Defeat Azeos the Sky Titan boss to obtain a Pile of chum. Place this in a proper room with all conditions met for them to move in. Or, even before you defeat Azeos, this merchant will appear randomly in Azeos' Wilderness, living in a wooden house next to water.|
|Seasonal Merchant||Place Seasonal Calendar on the wall inside a proper room, for them to move in. It can be crafted with Carpenter's Table. |
In order for an NPC to move into your base, the following conditions must be met:
- Room fully enclosed with any wall type and optional door.
- Room can be shared with other NPCs.
- 4 to 64 tiles of floor area (e.g. 2x2 to 8x8).
- One tile of empty floor space (including free of Torches and 2x2 Stone Tiles or Core Relief Tile).
- One crafted Bed per NPC (can be shared with a player but not another NPC).
- Their specific NPC summoning item is placed on the ground. E.g. Slime Oil or Mysterious Idol.
- If moving the NPC from another room, their old bed must be picked up.
- They will teleport while on-screen and player is in the new room. But may linger in player is close to their current position.
- If they won't appear, try exiting and reloading the world.
- If they still won't appear, try to hunt them down at their natural spawn scene - Caveling Merchant in The Forgotten Ruins, Fishing Merchant in Azeos' Wilderness.
Tips and Tricks
- Holding their summoning item in your hand will coax an NPC to walk towards you.
- Placing the summoning item behind a door in a side wall will allow you in and out while trapping them inside.
- The NPCs have a massive 100k health and can be hit to activate your Soul of Azeos thunder beam ability. This will break almost any wall in its path and leave permanent illumination, that can be shut off by placing any block in that tile.
|Tin Ore||10||15||Ghorm's statue activated|
|Iron Ore||10||30||The Hive Mother's statue activated|
|Gold Ore||5||55||The Hive Mother's statue activated|
|Larva Meat||10||10||Ghorm's statue activated|
|Shiny Larva Meat||2||75||All statues activated|
|Iron Chunk Necklace||1||320||None|
|Giant Slime Summoning Idol||3||500||None|
|Ghorm Summoning Idol||3||500||None|
|Hive Mother Summoning Idol||3||500||None|
|Mechanical Part||5||55||All statues activated|
|Ancient Gemstone||5||60||All statues activated|
|Rune Parchment||1||2,000||All statues activated|
|Empty Crystal||1||3,000||All statues activated|
|Orange Cave Guppy||20||50||None|
|Azure Feather Fish||20||50||None|
|Sea Foam Ring||1||1,035||None|
Love Letters and Cookies & Milk can only acquired during their related events. But then may be traded in at any time of year.
|Valentine Crafting Table||10Love Letter||None.|
|Valentine's Chest||5Love Letter||None.|
|Valentine's Gift||1Love Letter||None.|
|Festive Workbench||5Cookies & Milk||None|
|Gingerbread House Chest||5Cookies & Milk||None|
|Little Helperling||10Cookies & Milk||None|